Friday, August 22, 2008

A Day of Blunders

I am so unnerved right now!!! Arrrrrrggggg! Mark has been gone for 3 weeks now and I thought I was doing rather well with the ratios of good to bad days as the single parent. Well today was a mark on the wall in favor of the bad. It really wasn't all in all bad, I just had a lot of Annabelle Blunders to deal with. She has been pretty good all week, so I guess I had it coming. She started the day with an accident in her pants (she never has accidents) downstairs in the bathroom. (Of course I didn't find it until I was turning lights out for the night.) She crumbled goldfish crackers all down the stairs and in her kitchen things. She had asked for some crackers, but I was in the middle of cooking dinner so of course I told her no. She snuck them while I was on the phone. I went downstairs to tell them dinner was ready only to have goldfish crumbs between my toes and poking at my feet. After dinner I thought I'd take them for a walk to return something from the neighbors. I asked Annabelle to change out of her play dress so she could ride her tricycle and then I put Brooks in the stroller. She was taking a long time so I went in to her room to help her, but she hadn't changed at all. She was busy slathering Vick's rub from the vaporizer all over herself, the rug and their dresser. I think I was pretty patient with that one. We went to the neighbors and they liked getting out for a walk, but when we left she threw a major fit. She isn't usually like that, but she has her days when she just gets too tired. When we got home I had had enough of the fit all the way home so I decided to just put them in bed. I thought I was done and safe for the night... I was doing the dishes from dinner and I hear this crash that just kept crashing and Annabelle crying saying "ouch", "I'm sorry", "ouch", "it's o.k. Mom". She had hung on her decorative shelf above her bed and pulled it out of the wall. You would think that 4 feet above the headboard would be high enough to have a picture, and some ceramic figurines. Annabelle had gone tiptoe on her headboard, which isn't low by any measure, and reached the edge of the shelf. I just want to curl in a ball and rock back and forth and think of nothing. I feel I'm about to go insane some days.
Annabelle, I am only writing this because I know there will be a day when you ask how you were when you were little. Good luck with a child of your own like this, you know God has a sense of humor.
I am in desperate withdrawals for my husband. (especially after a day like today) He is the love of my life and my best friend. It is torture some to be away from him for so long! I am truly blessed to have a man in my life as wonderful as he is. Thanks for all we have shared! I can't wait to see you tomorrow.

1 remarks:

AmyDawn said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with days like that! We should trade babysitting during kindergarten so we could have a morsel of alone time!