Friday, September 5, 2008

Excuses!?!?

There is one word to describe the excuse for not posting in two weeks when I have a grand array of pictures and lots of stories to tell. Peaches, Applesauce, Tomatoes, Apricots, Jam... CANNING. Yes, canning is all I have to say about my lack of time spent on the computer. It was replaced with hours of back aching, feet throbbing work in front of the kitchen sink and some intense moments searching for a pressure gauge to peak so that I could resume my indoor chores. There are some major conveniences for canning, and I really shouldn't complain. I do enjoy the concept of canning... the week after everything lands in the jars. I take pride in my storage room and the feeling that we have successfully filled every remaining jar...except those set aside for the scrumdidliuptious grape juice.

I have more stories to come and pictures too, but sleep is taunting my eyelids. The sooner I drift into a slumber, the sooner I am able to see the love of my life. Mark flies in tomorrow, and I can hardly contain myself. We have a date planned and I am just as excited as if I am back in High School going on a date with a major crush, only this is better. I can't wait to see you and feel your arms enfold me. Mark, I miss you dearly and yearn for your presence.
Goodnight my love.

3 remarks:

Stephers said...

I just canned some peaches too. And it is so gratifying to look at them all in a row! Your kids look so cute. Can you believe our girls are really big school kids?

Garza Family said...

I just read all of the recent blogs and I LOVE IT! The girls...and Brooks are growing up so fast, almost too fast for me. I miss you all terribly and am SO jealous I can't be there right now. I hope that we can see each other some time soon. MUCH love from us!

Abby said...

Im sooooo jealous!