Monday, September 15, 2008

Campfire Dinner


Hot Dogs anyone? Abbi, Annabelle, Brooks and I decided to have a hot dog roast with Grandma and Grandpa Beahm. They have a new fire pit out by the shop, and we had to break it in. I guess the hot dogs didn't give Annabelle quite the additives she was looking for. She decided to do some adding of her own.
Grandma isn't a big fan of hot dogs, but if they are cooked over the fire she can't resist.
I pulled the van over so the food wouldn't be "bugged", but my van got "bugged". There was a ton of flies and other bugs in the van and they didn't get out until the next day! Brooks enjoyed his dog just like the rest of us. No he really didn't partake.
It was a day of firsts for Brooks... He had his first try of root beer, he devoured the squash and zucchini we gave him, and he loved the hot dog buns. I think Annabelle is totally entranced by the fire.

Cooked or not, they are a favorite treat for Abbi.At Grandma's house any meal is not complete without a sweet. Cookies and marshmallows were the sweets of choice for the night.

Abbi and Annabelle were discovering their surroundings after their tummy's were full.

1 remarks:

jmholloway said...

A hot dog cooked over an open fire is about the only way I will eat one too. AND, it has to be practically burned to a crisp.

Mindi :)