Friday, September 5, 2008

1st Day of School

Abbi's first day of school was an adventure for both of us! I thought it was so fun getting her ready and making sure everything was just right.
She ended up with the afternoon session of kindergarten that starts at 12:00 (noon). All morning she was asking "is it time for me to go?". When Mark talked to her on the phone he asked her what today was and she replied "first day of school, first day of school" like it's said on Finding Nemo we thought that was really cute!
In this picture I was of course trying to get pictures of Abbi waiting for her first ride on the school bus, but I didn't see that the bus was right behind me...Abbi is pointing to the bus saying MOM look!!! Her bus driver is one of my Mom's friends and the same one I had in High School.
My sweet friend Abbi Eaton followed the bus to school and captured some more precious moments of her first day of school. Coming off the bus.Walking in the building.
This is Abbigail and her friend Grace Eaton.

They are in the same class and Abbi said they were holding hands coming off the bus. It is great having someone she knows in the same class.This is her coat hook.
Tyra Andrews, Abbi Eaton, and I are carpooling and I am very excited to get to know everyone better. It is really weird to have a kid in school. I'm not quite sure what to think. I like it because Abbi loves her teacher and going every day. Tyra drove the first week and told me Abbi was quite the jokester. I guess one of her sons had a booger in his nose that she could see and she said "lets call you Bergermeister Meisterberger".(this is a name off of Santa Clause is coming to town) I thought that was the greatest thing when Tyra told me. I think Abbi is really witty.

3 remarks:

Tyra said...

Yeah!!! Back to blogging! Seriously, she is hilarious!!!!

Unknown said...

how cute what till fourth grade and she won't want to go to school like i don't want to she will have a lot of homework and the teachers will yell at her even if she didn't do anything they are just nicer than the middle school teachers if you bring the wrong highlighter you will get detention thats happend to me before and it is not fun and you have to have three diffrint types of highlighters like pink,yellow,and orange for all the difforint classes

Unknown said...

that was me toriromer and no i am not a middle schooler but talk to Rebekah or Paul they told me i didn't evan now