Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still Alive...

I finally got the nerve to post a couple of pictures from the Mesa Falls half marathon last Saturday. I have never done something so hard. My last race 3 weeks ago went great and I even had juice to finish strong! This race was a different story...we moved...I didn't train as much after my last half and my eating was not up to par. Needless to say I didn't improve my time. I had a challenging, but great experience though. Mark ran it with me and it was awesome to do something like this as a couple. We had a good time, and it was rather humorous having sore muscles together. My mom was at the finish with the kids and boy was it a welcome sight. Our kids ran with us the last 50 yards to the end, they get so excited for us! It is awesome seeing their enthusiasm about us exercising.

3 remarks:

Little Farmer Family said...

That's so awesome Heidi!! Way to go!!

Eddins Family said...

Nice Job! If it was hard for you it would have KILLED me. But thanks for asking anyway!

Unknown said...

You all do the most fun things. I love how the kids met and ran with you . Sweet family.
Love, Grandma Ninja.