We have wild blackberry bushes in the parking lot of our apartment complex. They are EVERYWHERE. Just driving down the road you see them wherever you go. For me this is a new thing, but for those who grew up here it isn't a new concept. We decided to go blackberry pickin' on Sunday morning so I could make a Blackberry Crumble. (recipe below) The kids loved every minute, and each time we park the car they run to the bushes to pick a few to eat.BLACKBERRY CRUMBLE
3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons cold butter
Vanilla ice cream
Directions: In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the blackberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over blackberry mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
3 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons cold butter
Vanilla ice cream
Directions: In a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate, combine the blackberries, sugar and cornstarch. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring twice. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, almonds and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over blackberry mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until butter is melted. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.







4 remarks:
Sounds yummy! I'm not a huge blackberry fan, I think the seeds are too big. I am loving all of our raspberries though!
Good work on the amazing DVD deal, I'm going to have to start hunting at pawn shops now!
And AMAZING work on your latest race!
I remember all the slugs we used to find when we lived there. We used to pour sal on them so they would die..sad-and gross!
YOUR LITTLE BOY IS HUGE!!!
Oh, how I miss living in Washington. I loved eating blackberries when I was growing up. The only downside is all the thorns, but most of the time it is worth the scratches you get. I also can't believe how old Brooks is getting! He turned into a little boy overnight! I like his buzzed head - that is our prefrence with B, too. It's the easiest, and it's so cute!
Post a Comment