Saturday, August 1, 2009

RACE DAY

The race was perfect! The weather cooled down and it was foggy with a little mist up through mile 9. It was amazing! We got to cross the Tacoma Narrows bridge which is like the Golden Gate across the Sound. It was a great experience, and I can't wait to try out the Pocatello half in about a month to better my time. There was so much pride in having my family waiting for me at the finish line. Thank Mark for all your support during training and all the time it has taken me to fulfill this goal. Love You!

5 remarks:

Stephers said...

Way to go!!! That is awesome!

{ Lana Cox } said...

Way to go Heidi! Don't you love running? It's such a release, and so rewarding. I'm training for a race in November :) Oh, and you look great by the way!

Mary said...

You're amazing! Nice work. You're still beautiful after running a marathon too!

Little Farmer Family said...

That's so awesome Heidi!! Good Job!! Next year when I'm not prego I'm planning on doing the Rush Triathalon....you should join in. :)

Eddins Family said...

Alright! Way to go! You look great! Congrats on the race!