Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Kids say the funniest things...

Here are just a few of our everyday laughs from the kiddies.

We were driving back from the doctor and there was a kid walking down the street with baggy pants. Abbi said, "Mom, why does that kid have his dad's pants on?"

With Mark gone I've been showering with all the kids. I was holding Brooks and the girls were playing with cups and cars. I looked down and both girls were filling up their cups with the water running down my arms and off my elbows. Abbi asked "Mom where is the hole in your elbow? I want a hole so water will come out of my elbow."

Annabelle and Mark were playing around and out of the blue Annabelle turns to Mark and says, "Dad you're a GENIUS!" That definitely took Mark by surprise.

Annabelle is known for her great ability to be up at all hours of the night. The other night Mark and I woke up to Annabelle singing (very loudly) The Spirit of God at 3am. It is her favorite song to hear before bed of late, and has begun to sing it at the park and everywhere she goes.

I was cutting an onion for dinner and Abbi was helping me. I started to cry and she asked what was wrong. I told her that the onion was making me cry, and she said " Oh man, I thought it was cuz you loved me". Of course I told her that I do love her. Our kids are so sweet. They make living life an adventure.

9 remarks:

Brittany said...

Thanks, Heid, for inspiring us! (We were tired of our template but just needed some motivation to get it changed, so thanks!) We absolutely LOVE your blog and are always excited to read stories and see pictures of the kids.

Lots of love from the other coast!

Tyra said...

What would we do as mothers without these sweet and funny moments to get us through the day? I just love it!

Kristen said...

So glad you remember! I'm living in Salt Lake right now.. Spend a good five years in Provo.. graduated the Y, etc. My family moved from ID to Washington a few years ago, so I never visited ID much.. but they now live in Idaho Falls! So next time I'm up that way, we really should do lunch!

Jessica said...

How sweet! I'm quite sure kids are the funniest beings on the planet! And good thinking writing little things like that down, they'll love reading about it someday!

Kelli said...

Those are So adorable!!

Kelly and Jesse said...

Hi Heidi I got your comment. I left you a comment on my blog because I couldn't find you. Don't worry I found you. I was wondering if it would be ok to put your link on my blog? Anyway your kids are adorable keep in touch.

The McClellan Family said...

I loved her waking up in the middle of the night singing the Spirit of God, that's so funny! I think it would freak me out! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting at work and can't stop laughing. They are too cute!

Ashley said...

You have such a cute family! My wife and I were laughing at the cute things your kids said.