Friday, November 6, 2009

A New Friend!

I cannot believe my husband. He faked like he had rolled his ankle yesterday when he got home from school. I was actually in the mood to baby him, and was liking his infirmity. He asked me to go get his Chemistry homework from the car and when I went out there I found a new camera!!! My new friend... I can't believe he lied to me and pulled it off! I have been looking, but not seriously for a good camera. I have heard about the Nikon D60 and wanted to rent one to try out. I am just as naive about photography as you can get, but I love photographs and being able to capture beauty. When he came home with a new camera I didn't know what to do or think. I'm a little overwhelmed with what there is to learn, but so excited I can't contain myself. The camera has only left my hands long enough to sleep. Here are a few of my feeble attempts. (I can't believe how crisp my pictures are, it's amazing. I knew my camera was out of date, but WOW!) I absolutely love photographs of nature! I can't get over that I can do close ups now and have them crisp. You might find it funny, but I love the picture of this leaf. How the leaf is perfectly in focus, but the tree is a perfect blurry background.

I know these are nothing to brag about, but they are crisp and you can see little details. I have yet to learn more in depth about the manipulation of colors and photo editing, but all in time. YAHOOOO!!! P.S. Thanks a million Tyra : )





5 remarks:

Stephers said...

Welcome to the SLR world! All the different settings are fun to play around with. Have fun with it!

Tyra said...

No problem :) I remember when I first had that camera in my hand, it was also so amazing to me the crispness and depth I could achieve! Its so fun!I love it! I am so happy for you and what a guy that Mark is :)

Jessica said...

That's so sweet of him! Can't wait to see more of your work!
BTW, your kid's Halloween costumes are adorable!

Mary said...

Ali and I saw Mark when he picked it up for you. What a good man he is;) Have fun!

Robyn said...

Love the adorable kids Heidi!

Awesome pictures!