Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

This weekends celebrations started early for us. On Friday we headed into Seattle to visit downtown. It's always a cultural experience and we haven't been there this year. One of our favorites is Pikes Place.

I LOVE the fresh flowers there! I dream of living in the city just
to get fresh cut flowers... some day.
We walked around to shop the great fresh food. We dibbled a little here and there.
We bought fresh cherries from one...
A freshly cooked crab from another...
A hot baguette from the French Bakery, and headed home for a wonderful dinner. What's for dinner you ask? Why the bread, cherries, watermelon, and crab. YUUMMMM!
We picked the steepest hill to walk back to the car.
At least I wasn't pushing the stroller. What a man!

Oh, this is a picture of Abbi and I in front of the infamous GUM wall. That's right... this is all previously chewed gum behind us. The wall was rather long too. There was everything from student id's to feminine products stuck to the mounds of gum. This is not only one layer either, no there was no bare wall to be seen for a while... layer upon layer of nasty chewed gum. Gotta experience a variety of things right? It was actually pretty intriguing.
On Saturday Mark and I were able to go out on a hot date! We went to downtown where they had an authentic Argintine restaraunt. Mark was super excited since he hasn't had real Argentine cookin' since his mission. It wasn't cheap, but so worth experiencing a smidge of what Mark experienced on his mission. The food was actually really good. They had this chimichurri sauce that was really great. We enjoyed it for the rest of the weekend... like fresh salsa it is a gift that keeps on giving ;)
This weekend was great despite the weather! Sunday was rainy all day, but we still ventured out to Alki Beach. The picture below is actually Seattle but you can barely see it because of the rain.
This jelly fish was fresh. It was totally intact and awsome to look at!

Brooks was totally captured by replenishing the ocean of its rocks.

The girls always love collecting shells, and of course playing with the jelly fish.
What a great couple! I love funny pictures.

Rain...

2 remarks:

Tyra said...

look at your cute hair! Oh how I love WA...I'm glad you guys are enjoying your summer there~

Mary said...

What fun! There are some great things about living in a big city:) Miss you!