Friday, July 3, 2009

CCCCCCourage!

Tacoma Half Marathon


I have finally gotten the nerve to train for a half marathon. I have wanted to do this for some time, but unfortunately there are not many of these held in Idaho. I decided to take advantage of being in a large city and having someone to train with. So in only 4 weeks I'm going to give it my best. I can't wait to see how I do. If I don't fall over dead after, I want to try the Pocatello half on Sept 5th. Maybe I can make better time and feel less nervous for the second. I'd love to keep this up, but I've had a lot of trouble with my knees. We'll have to see how they do for the 11 miles tomorrow. If they don't feel better, I might end up walking the whole 13.1 miles for the race. Wish Me Luck!

4 remarks:

Mary said...

That's awesome! i kinda want to do something like that..but probably never will:) You go girl!

Stephers said...

Good for YOU! That is awesome. My cousin has run that race (she lives in Puyallup) and loves it. Good luck!

{ Lana Cox } said...

You'll do great! I love running.

Brittany said...

Good luck, Heid. You'll do great! We'll be cheering you on from WAY over here!